Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tongue update

it's good news this time! granted, my tongue is still numb, but the burning and terrible electric shock sensations i had developed improved enough for me to thoroughly enjoy two thanksgiving meals - back to back - at least until my stomach felt like it would explode! we were able to go home and surprise matt's parents for thanksgiving - i think his dad was absolutely shocked! they thought i was going to stop by sometime on thanksgiving, but had no idea matt had luckily been given a couple days off and could come, too! it was so fun to surprise them with the whole family being together for the holiday! we also spent time at my mom's old neighbors' house. tom and sue were like second parents to me, and susie's thanksgiving meal is my all time favorite meal so it was wonderful to be at the thanksigiving table with them! i was happy and plump that day!

since then, the burning remains improved, although not gone. i saw my surgeon today and with all the poking around he did we found a couple tiny spots where i could actually feel the poke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the areas that are working suggest that the nerve injury happened when they injected the numbing medicine. it seems like there are just a few random fibers that are working, but it's such a wonderfully good sign! the burning and electrical shocks that i have felt are good signs, too! i am feeling very optimistic that this will heal. it's certainly going to take a very long time, but i am feeling much better about the whole situation!

yay!

oh...and another note, check out cassi, nick and adam's blog (link at the right) for some super exciting news!

4 comments:

cassi said...

You are so cute!

I'm glad you are feeling a little bit of your tongue and I hope it recovers super fast. Sounds like a good Thanksgiving!!!

The Adekolas said...

Sorry about your tongue. I'm glad you recovered enough to enjoy your Thanksgiving meals.

Jen said...

I'm so glad it sounds like your tongue is recovering. How awful that it happened during the numbing process! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Hopefully it continues to improve!