Friday, July 6, 2007

a taste of home

several weeks ago matt went on a fishing trip with my dad, cousin and uncle and had a wonderful time. i was incredibly jealous, but i am so glad that he brought back lots of walleye for me to enjoy! when we visited matt’s parents the next weekend, matt cooked up some walleye and homemade potato chips for us, his mom made her homemade tartar sauce that i just love, and i enjoyed a sundrop, which originated in our hometown. there is no meal that gets more wisconsin-esque than this…unless of course, you add a brat to the plate! the night before i started my first rotation, matt made more walleye, but with a beer batter (ooh! another way to make it more wisconsin-esque!) and some onion rings and french fries replaced the chips! yum! yum! yum!

(the first meal of fresh walleye)

2 comments:

Allison said...

and you didn't invite me over why? :) miss you!

The Adekolas said...

Yummy! I love homemade potato chips.