Wednesday, June 13, 2007

tagged!

okay, okay...so i've been a super bad blogger, but i just realized that cassi tagged me. so here it goes:

4 jobs i've held:

1. taco bell - i loved working at tb believe it or not. all of us were like family there. in fact, it's where i met matt, and my dear friend andrea, who also married a fellow tb employee, justin. they were married about a month after us. andrea and justin even went to taco bell for a few pictures on their wedding day! we met up with them and one of the bridesmaids (who also worked with us) to take the picture you see below - evidence that we are crazy!

2. shawano sports park - it's a little place behind the local a&w drive-up that has mini (aka putt-putt) golf, batting cages and go-karts. it was not the greatest job in the world, but at least i got to spend some time outside - even if it was mostly picking up cigarrette butts and pulling weeds.
3. a&w carhop - loved this job, too. it was fun to work outside and have friendly customers and one fun fellow carhop, kristin - and of course, the rootbeer is to die for - even if it does have 40lbs of sugar per batch and gets mixed in a giant garbage pail!
4. schizophrenia research - inspiring and disheartening work all in the same package.

4 movies i could watch over and over:

i honestly don't think i can answer this question. i'm not a huge movie person, and my favorite/most memorable movies are movies i would prefer not to watch over and over. here they are:
1. american history x: probably the most graphic movie i've ever seen, but it was extremely well done with an incredibly powerful message. i recommend this movie to everybody - just be prepared if you have a weak stomach.
2. stepmom: this movie made me bawl my eyes out, but i loved it anyway.
3. monster's inc. - okay, so i can watch this one over and over. i love pixar's movies. i even like the little pixar lamp guy.

4. finding nemo - another pixar movie i could watch over and over again. in fact, i dressed up as nemo for halloween one year. my friends karen and beth dressed up as dory and crush (the sea turtle) with me.

4 places i have lived
i seriously have to stretch this one - it's really only 3 places (how sad!)

1. wescott, wi (a township just outside of shawano) until i was 7
2. shawano, wi (my whole life really) - a small (as in 8,000 people) town near green bay (about 4 hours north of chicago, 4 hours east of minneapolis/st paul, mn)
3. madison, wi - oh how i miss madison - go badgers!!!!
4. rochester, mn - enough said

4 categories of tv programming i enjoy:
1. documentaries - i love 'on demand'
2. games - i'm sort of combining 2 categories - i love almost any game show, especially wheel of fortune (yeah cassi!) and family feud - but i also love sports, especially the badgers and packers!
3. crime shows - matt and i watch court tv way too much, and i'm addicted to prison break, which we can put in this category, right?
4. reality tv - we're so pathetic, ladies! i do love "little people, big world" and "extreme makeover: home edition"

4 places i've been on holiday:
1. Europe
- france/england with french club in high school - pure craziness
- ireland with high school orchestra - i just loved playing in the irish castles and pubs. what a riot! my rebellious side definitely came out on that trip
- germany/denmark/holland backpacking with my sister to celebrate her college graduation
2. alaska on a cruise with my dad - i highly recommend an alaskan cruise to anybody. i loved it even as a 12 year-old!
3. florida - most recently with matt during spring break senior year - our first real vacation together and matt's first time on a plane, believe it or not
4. jamaica - on our honeymoon - i'd go back in a heartbeat
us being goofy in line for the shrek ride in florida:4 of my favorite dishes:
1. anything mexican (including, you guessed it, taco bell - even though it's not "real" mexican)
2. guacamole - i often eat it for dinner. yes, i know that's weird.
3. anything with angelhair pasta - ask matt, i'm weird about my pasta


4. tombstone pizza - i used to eat an entire one myself when i came home from school. my mom tried to convince me that i would get to the point that i would never eat another one again. i'm still proving her wrong :)

4 websites i visit daily:
1. blogs, of course - yes, i know this means i should be better at my own blog!
2. news websites - i am such a news junky!
3. google - i use google's "define:" function for just about everything!
4. mayo med school calendar - i never know what class i'm supposed to be in or where it's at!

4 places i would rather be right now:
1. somewhere with matt
2. in a nicer apartment
3. in the woods/on the water
4. madison

so there you have it. i don't think there's anybody left for me to tag...so enjoy!

4 comments:

Allison said...

american history x scared the pants off of me

cassi said...

Beth, I love it! I can't believe the match making abilities Taco Bell had! I especially loved all your cute pictures. I wish I could blow that halloween one up bigger to get a better view. I also laughed that you watch "little people in a big world!" If I had TLC, I'm sure I would watch it too. Oh you are great!!

Beth said...

I tried to fix the pictures, Cassi but it didn't work...sorry!
Oh, and you wouldn't believe all the couples that came out of there. There were lots more than just us and Andrea and Justin - crazy huh?

Allison said...

new post time