Monday, June 18, 2007

ms150

okay...so the ms150 was a bit disappointing for me. i came down with the flu on wednesday before the ride and only made it 40 of the 150 miles. maybe i will try again next year. stan, on the other hand, rode with me (and my sister and her boyfriend/my friend, mitch) and did an amazing job. he got to the last rest stop and called to let me know he was almost done. shortly after that he called to tell me he'd gotten a flat...5 miles from the finish line! he ended up having to take one of the support vans to the end and never did get to cross the finish line - all because somebody had intentionally poured nails all over the path. apparently there were quite a few people who ended up in stan's position that day - so sad!
mitch, sarah, me and stan before we started:
the four of us at one of the gorgeous spots along the trail:
stan with his "ms champion" and her husband:
stan and i on day 1 (yes, i know i look ridiculous):

2 comments:

Allison said...

you're such a hottie on a bike

cassi said...

Great job Beth! You are amazing to be able to do that!