Monday, April 16, 2007

happy thoughts

so i said i wasn't going to post anything new to my blog until after boards. why? because i realized just how much of a downer my last post was and i figured it would only get worse until after boards. however, today i have some happy thoughts to share and i figure that the latest post being happy is much better than it being a giant whiny rant!

so here are my happy thoughts for the day:

  1. no headaches! with no help from my regular docs regarding the terrible headaches i have been having for the past nine months, i decided to head to the chiropractor for some adjustments and a seriously deep massage. since my saturday massage and adjustment, i have not had a headache! what a blessing!
  2. i am going to see allison and jared tomorrow night! i am so excited to get away from school and have a night with my "schmallison". if the picture at right is any indication, the schmall and jared will provide plenty of entertainment! then on wednesday i am attending a family med conference in the cities and then will spend some time with my mom - hopefully i will get to see her new house! can't wait!
  3. i am officially done with pathophysiology!!!! after a rough weekend without much studying getting done and some extra non-school stress, i managed to get through our exams today. this also means i am done with radiology. essentially, i am done with my second year of medical school! can you believe it? i'm not sure if i can! my how time flies! i hadn't even thought far enough ahead to realize that this would be such a wonderful feeling...maybe that makes this feeling even sweeter...?
  4. the weather rocks today! i practically skipped home after my exam, and was too warm to wear a jacket. what a great feeling. i also enjoyed bringing dinner to matt at work and eating with the windows open enjoyng the weather.
  5. once i got home, i got an email informing me that our morning class tomorrow is cancelled. i was looking forward to not having class until 10, but now there is no class until 1! woohoo!
  6. another happy email from my sister, who i usually think is pretty awesome (as you can tell from the pciture!) i found her email hilarious...hopefully it will make you laugh, too. here's the content of the email:

How to get from New York to London
Take 60 seconds to do this, I guarantee you will show someone else, it's too funny not to.

1. go to www.google.com
2. click on "maps"
3. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)
4. type "London" in the second box (the "to" box)
5. press on "get directions" button
6. scroll down to step #23


I hope that adds a happy thought to your day!

6 comments:

cassi said...

Loving the Happy Post!!!

Allison said...

happy happy happy happy!
oh and thanks for the hot pic

Jen said...

Those directions are great! I probably would have been like, turn right at Long Wharf-check, swim across ocean-check...wait...

Krista Marie said...

Oh man, does that mean I have to be positive from now on too?
Rats.

Allison said...

NEW POST TIME

Beth said...

I'll put up a new post if you study for Boards for me, Allison!